The Deacons Ministry:
The desire of New Covenant's Deacons Ministry is to show God’s mercy to those in need in response to God’s great mercy poured out on us individually and corporately at New Covenant. Our desire is to obediently serve our Lord Jesus in the work He lays before us. To this end our hope is that those who do not know Him, may through His mercy come to know Christ in a personal way that they may rejoice in His grace. In our efforts we also seek to be good stewards of all the resources He has blessed us with.
All guidance in our decisions will be based on:
- Sound Biblical teaching,
- The direction of the Holy Spirit,
- Earnest prayer, and
- Mercy in response to the mercy that we ourselves have received (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
Established by the people of New Covenant Presbyterian Church as a means to support mercy ministries. The first Sunday of each month will be the time the congregation has an opportunity to contribute to the Deacons Fund.
The purpose of the fund is three fold:
- To distribute those financial gifts to aid people who have financial and physical needs.
- Educate those in need how to recover from financial bondage with both spiritual and financial counseling.
- To encourage and promote liberal giving by the congregation.